Monday, October 2, 2023

Meant To Be

 


Meant to Be


A walk on the beach with a handsome stranger made sense on the day before the fragrance convention. He kissed me on a bed of wet sand. I inhaled his scent with the salty ocean spray. Anonymity unleashed reckless pleasures. 

We parted as strangers. 

I cannot forget his strong hands pulling me closer, pressing me into him. His hot kisses raining all over me. Dreams have no names.

“I am Christopher Halston, CEO, welcome to the company Ms. Anna Clementine! You and your team will work directly with me.” 

It’s him!! 

Devilishly handsome, but not even close to as friendly as that beautiful afternoon. His jaw remains clenched but his ice blue eyes betray the memories of how he touched me. 

Note to self: Anna, if you know whats good for you, just ignore him and stay out of his way. 

“Your immediate assignment is travel with your team internationally, deliver a new line of fragrances. Christopher Halston will expect you to be available.”

Finding a contract as a fragrance expert was difficult enough. 

I am trying my best to work with grumpy, deliciously attractive boss. But the pleasures of that we once shared haunt us. 

Could we be any more different? I share a tiny apartment in NYC with my two best friends. His family owns an island. 

If I don’t deliver the fragrance, I will lose our future, and all that I have worked for. There is no exit. But how do I work when business and pleasure come from the same gorgeous man.

No comments:

Post a Comment